Oh wow, cheers guys! And I mean it!
The lovely Lisa over at From Plan to Dream has been looking and a’ liking and has nominated me for The Versatile Bloggers Award.Thanks a million!
I’m a huge fan of these types of awards, not only because it’s yet another excuse (as if we need one!) to write up a blog post, but also because I get the opportunity to nominate a handful of my favourite bloggers too, and get to shout about them for a while. Thing is, since the conception of This FP Planet, of course I’ve been having a ball writing about my own trips and travels, but what I never expected was for this to open up the doors to a whole community of other bloggers to engage with on a daily basis and literally hundreds of new (and pretty darn fantastic!) blogs to read. It’s certainly been keeping me busy, and hasn’t done a whole lot for keeping my wander-lust at bay… which ain’t a bad thing!
But! Before I dive into my nominations, The Versatile Bloggers Award requires me to divulge a little more about me, so here’s seven more things you may not know about yours truly!
Seven things about me:
- After not really liking the taste for years, i’m now an avid fan of beer; honestly the stranger the flavour the better! When i’m travelling, one of my favourite things is to locate all of the best watering holes and find out more about the local tipples.
- If I won the lottery, yes, I’d totally travel the world (duh!), but I’d have to do something with my life, and I’d most like to volunteer at a sea turtle sanctuary!
- I’m literally obsessed with Sausage Dogs, and i’m having one, at some point (named Pablo!), but right my lifestyle doesn’t allow me to keep one.
- I purchased my own house last year, so on the weekends i’m not away exploring Europe, I’m at home with a saw or a paint brush giving my pad a bit of TLC.
- If someone told me you could only stay in one place for the rest of your life, I’d choose Reykjavik, I love Iceland and I’m getting married there this year.
- I paint; I studied as an artist at University.
- I adore planes and trains, but you’ll never find me willing to jump on a boat; I suffer from seasickness. A Cruise is not my idea of fun.
And now for the nominations… but just before I do, could you do me a favour?
Click on every single one of these links, because these guys have some serious kick-ass blogs. Have a read, give them a follow… bookmark them and share their articles!
These guys are doing good!
And for those who’d like to pay it forward, here are the rules;
Rules for the Versatile Blogger Award
Thank your nominator
Share the award on your blog
State 7 things about yourself
Choose 10 new nominees who have fewer than 300 followers (I cheated on this one! I couldn’t narrow it down to 10!)
Notify them via social media